Thirteen early memories, for mom:
1. Christmas 1990 I remember waking up very early to find Grandma Joyce snoozing on the couch. I wasn't allowed to open all of my presents because mom and dad were at the hospital with my new baby sister. I was mad.
2. I also remember going over to Grandma Joyce's to have sleepovers with my cousins Becky and Bethany. We would dress up in grandmas long flowy lingerie robes & nightgowns and pretend we were princesses. I didn't know it was lingerie then. We would do parades down the hallways and wave to our imaginary subjects. We made up a song that we would sing every time, I was princess Whitney, Bethany was princess Gloria, and Becky was princess misty.
3. We would also dare each other to go into the back room while it was dark and scary.
4. Once me and Andrea went over to Allison Mathis' house and we were out looking at the horses and Allison crawled into the corral and threw horse poo at us. :-(
5. I think I was a really mean girl when I was little. I remember my mom used to babysit Rachel Sosa and for some reason I didn't like her, so sometimes I would pinch her to see if she would cry. I feel really bad about that now.
6. I remember when my mom and dad got divorced, my mom said "We're going to visit Grandma". Woo hoo! So we got in the car and drove to Grandma's. We "visited" there for a few months before I realized we weren't moving back.
7. I was on the All-Star soccer team for AYSO and we had sweet jackets. I was the "best little defender" and we were on a roll that season, we won every single game. We were past the playoffs and were going to travel somewhere for the next game and sleep in a hotel! But one of the games was on Sunday, so my mom told me I could go with our coach and share a room with his daughter if I wanted to go. But I chose to stay home and not break the sabbath. They lost the game without me, and our season was over. :-(
8. I think I was in 5th grade when they announced we were having mismatch day at school. Mrs Beddeo read the flyer and it had an example on it: Wear a plaid skirt with a striped shirt! My friend Amber was wearing a plaid skirt and striped shirt that day.
9. I remember Anna cleaned out her room one day and had a bunch of trash she was throwing away in a bag. She let me go through it and I found some awesome stuff! I remember getting this planner that had pictures of cats all over it. It was all written in and was the calendar from the year before, but I still used it and thought it was great!
10. I remember whenever anyone came over to visit my mom would make me sing a duet with Anna on the piano. I never wanted to do it, but she would bribe me with quarters and zebra gum.
11. But one night, before my GATE field trip to Monterey Bay, Micheal was over and they were having a big party and I had to go to bed early so I could wake up early for my trip. I COULD NOT SLEEP. So I snuck out of bed and mom said I could stay awake just to sing a duet with Anna, then I had to go back to bed. I was glad to sing that night.
12. I remember soon after my mom and R got married he took me on a bike ride and we rode soooooo far! We stopped at this car lot and saw my soccer coach Art.
13. And last, I remember going to the thrifty grocery store and getting a scoop of ice cream. And I always got rainbow sorbet.