Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Race for the Cure

My good friends Catherine, Alyssa, and Stephanie (+ Steph's mom) did the Race for the Cure this year. It was supposed to be 77 degrees that day, I was so excited for spring weather. It didn't get that warm, but it was still a beautiful day! There were soooo many many people there! We would get traffic jammed every once in a while, strolling for the cure I call it.
My arrow is pointing to the people traffic that went all the way up the hill. A zillion white t-shirts.

It was supposed to be 77 degree out!
Of course Tate did not want to sit in her seat the whole time. Not even half the time. And unfortunately she was wearing her fancy purple sparkled flip flops. She took off running at about mile 2 and totally ate it. She literally did a belly flop on the cement, then landed on her face. She got a bloody lip and then I had the carry her the rest of the way. It was so sad.

 Poor little fat lip :( This was only about half as big as it got that night. I felt so bad for her, but she was a tough girl and only cried for a few minutes.
We had fun riding the Trax. Tate liked to hang from the bars on the ceiling like a monkey. Did I mention it was supposed to be 77 degrees that day?

Thanks for inviting us C & A! Love you guys!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

You rock!!!!!!!!

utmommy said...

Poor Tate, and good for you!

Mark and Beatrix Houghton said...

So fun! Poor Tatum! :( Was it 77 degrees that day? It looks only about 65 to me.

Becca said...

aww poor tater tot! you lookin good mama face!

the Bartlett fam said...

Poor thing.... I swear she skidded on her face at least twice before she stopped. Other than that, it was a great time!