Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Youth Conference 2009

Yesterday our branch (yes a branch in orem ut, what the heck) had the opportunity to go on a "temple tour"
That's what I called it anyway.
We started at the Oquirrh Mountain temple open house and got to see the beautiful new building.Then we drove the 13 minutes over to the Jordan River Temple to do baptisms. I had never been to this one and it is gorgeous on the outside!! I loved loved loved all the trees and flowers and greenery everywhere. It was like you were walking through the Garden of Eden. Of course the inside was beautiful too. Its a pretty busy temple I guess, we had to sit and wait for 1 1/2 hours to do baptisms there were so many youth there. It was really nice to be able to sit and ponder and watch all the awesome youth do the baptismal ordinances though. I admit I did take a little snooze while waiting for our group to finally get up to the font, but I blame that on the pregnancy :-)

Next we crossed the highway and drove up to the new Draper Temple. I got to walk through it during its open house a few months ago, and I think it is the most pretty temple from the inside that I have been too. All of the dark wood and huge windows with lots of natural light coming in is awesome. There font and chapel have three enormous windows that take up an entire wall and make it feel so bright and warm, I love it! I was happy to sit in that room for another hour while our girls did the work.

(Didnt get a picture at Draper, dangit!)

Then we headed back to our building in Orem and had 5 buck pizza and Testimony Meeting. We had a really great day, and I cant believe we are lucky enough to be able to see three different temples all in the same day. Im greatful for the work we were able to do, and the Spirit we felt throughout our tour.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Thats really neat. Im so happy for you and how your life is going. A super husband a baby on the way. a Great forever family. Your faith and testimony is awesome to see and feel. Thanks for sharing it with me

utmommy said...

What a fun leader you are!

-Special Mothertivity- said...

So fun! You are so cute pregnant. :)

Cool fact: The Jordan River Temple is the busiest temple in the world. That's why they built the Draper and Oquirrh Mountain temples in that same area.

Stan & Ash said...

haha your branch...