Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Date Night

Last night G and I went out and saw Invictus, which was amazing! Tatum got to stay at Billy and Alli's house, our old neighbors from HG. They adore her, and I think she has a blast with them too. Im pretty sure she gets 100% attention from the moment she gets to there apt, till the moment she leaves.
We were supposed to get froyo after the movie, but Dad was missing his little baby too much :-) So we went and picked her up and got her to bed on time.
She is always so happy when she wakes up in the morning. Today I started hearing her cooing and went into her room. She was just staring up at me and laughing. She had her cute giraffe pj's on. So I undid her swaddle and she was kicking and stretching out. I love our mornings.

Over Christmas break our laptop died. The hard drive "completely fried" (words of the Geek Squad) and we lost all of our pictures! It stinks because Greg is always saying we need to back up our pictures onto disks. At least once a month he says this, but we never do! Why didn't we? I had all the pictures from the last 4 years on there. Bummer.
But... yesterday I logged onto my shutterfly account and I had forgotten that I uploaded some pictures onto the site to make Tatum's first week home book. I had 200 pictures on there from when she was in the hospital and the first few weeks!! I was so excited! Now at least I can order prints of them.

My first book club meeting is on Thursday, and I am very excited. This month we are reading Star Girl and Maniac Magee, both by Jerry Spinelli. I've finished Star Girl and am about 1/2 way done with MM. Luckily they are both pretty quick reads, I think they are junior high level. I wouldn't say I've loved them, but they were interesting enough. SG kind of bugged me because she was to nice. I dont know what this says about me, but people who are 24/7 perky and cheerful and oblivious to anything negative going on around them annoy me. Is that bad?
I consider myself to be a pretty positive person, but come on Stargirl!

2 comments:

Mark and Beatrix Houghton said...

Oh NO!!! You lost my Tatum's pictures?
Your mom probably has most of them and can email some back to you. Thank goodness for blogs too, We can store pictures there.

Positive people are annoying! They are fake and phony. Negative and sarcastic people are much more fun! They tell it how it is. :)
Stargirl sounds like a flop.
Book clubs makes people read flops, cause someone has to do it.
Hope I didn't leave out anything and I wasn't being + ???:) :) :)

Natalie said...

I love little Tatum. She is so cute. She does funny things too.
Of course you are even more beautiful than before. I think Motherhood really suits you.:)