Friday, January 14, 2011

I'm a Leo Now

So apparently the zodiac signs and dates have changed and there is a new sign?
 I wonder what made today the day that it was official :) I don't necessarily "believe" in horoscopes,
 but I do think its fun to read them in the back of my magazines.
 I can't remember every having one of my predictions come true,
 though i really hoped my Seventeen magazine would be right about having a mysteriously handsome guy ask me to the prom, or whatever.
I think people just like being told who they are sometimes.

My b-day is Aug 31st,
which made me a Virgo
And I always knew this couldnt be right.

Traits of a Virgo:

picky
critical
detail oriented
organized
planner

Not Me

So usually I would just pretend I was a Leo
Positive 
Independent
Creative
Enthusiastic

I was only a few days off from Leo,
and I liked their horoscopes better.

Now with the change, I guess I am truly a Leo!

"Astronomer Parke Kunkle says that due to changes in the Earth's alignment the dates of many zodiac signs have changed, according to NBC. In addition, there may be a 13th Zodiac sign: Ophiuchus.
Kunkle says that as the Earth and Sun slowly move the signs gradually change, as expected.
The change didn't happen over night either. The 12 signs were designated to different periods of the year almost 3,000 years ago, when astrology began, and since then the Earth's position in relation to the sun has changed.
While the sign many people were born under may now be different, it shouldn't affect horoscope readings, according to NBC.
See if your Zodiac sign has changed below. (And find out if your friends' signs have changed here or under the dates below.)
The New Dates:
Capricorn: Jan. 20 - Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16 - March 11
Pisces: March 11- April 18
Aries: April 18 - May 13
Taurus: May 13 - June 21
Gemini: June 21 - July 20
Cancer: July 20 - Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10 - Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16 - Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30 - Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23 - Nov. 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29 - Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17 - Jan. 20


5 comments:

Montana Brandts said...

Huh, that's really interesting, I didn't know they had changed! That makes me excited, I have always hated saying I was a Cancer!! Gemini is much better!! Oh & P.S. Super impressed with your sewing skills of magic!! Tatum's dress is SO cute!! & now her and Kailey can be twinklw shoe twins!! So fun!! I LOVE it!

Montana Brandts said...

I meant twinkle not twinklw!!

Lana said...

so I am a aries and a pisces?

marcia@joyismygoal said...

me too?

Holly said...

well at least someone is happy about the switch!

i am not. cancer 4ever !